Our vision of what makes real organic cosmetics
Cosmebio stands for respect, efficiency and sensoriality! Their definition of organic cosmetics is based on 3 key values: a large quantity of ingredients of natural origin in the formula, a deep respect for the environment and a strong social commitment. These technical and ethical commitments made by our association’s brands are formalized in two texts:
- the Cosmebio charter , which is the founding text of COSMEBIO,
- the COSMOS standard , which we have drafted with our European counterparts and which sets the formulation criteria for organic cosmetics.ance results and the feelgood factor.
The Cosmebio label is based on demanding specifications and a charter of ethical values. An inspection by an independent certifier is mandatory every year to check the conformity of the products.
What does the label guarantee to the consumer?
When you buy our products you can be guaranteed that:
- The composition is clean: Cosmébio cosmetics contain a minimum 95% of ingredients of natural origin et prohibit the use of controversial ingredients that the consumer no longer wants to see in their products
- Respect for the environment: the manufacturing and cleaning processes are controlled to make sure they don’t cause excessive environmental harm and the packaging is reasonable
- Respect for co-workers and partners: real organic cosmetics go hand in hand with working and living conditions that give people a sense of dignity and self-fulfilment, through approaches such as fair-trade.
- Respect for animals: real organic cosmetics only use naturally produced animal-derived ingredients. Cochineal is the only exception here, as there is no plant-based alternative. Some brands offer vegan formulas. For info, animal testing is prohibited in Europe since 2013.
- Responsable marketing and transparency for the consumer: the packaging for real organic cosmetics gives clear information to consumers, such as INCI labelling, or the percentage of natural and organic origin, leaving no room for doubt.